erland wrote:
> > JJZolx wrote:
> >   More flexibility in configuring the SqueezePlay interface - text
> > size, color, now playing, title formatting.> >
>
> If you look at your own needs, and ignore everyone else, what would
> you like to change regarding text size, color, now playing screen and
> title formatting ?
> Basically, how would your personal optimal configuration look like ?
>
> I'm asking because it's always easy to wish for more configuration
> possibilities, but sometimes the real problem might be that the
> default configuration is incorrect and doesn't suit most users.

This has been brought up hundreds of times by other users, as well as
being a sticking point during beta testing, so it's not my personal wish
while I "ignore everyone else". And not a matter of incorrect or
correct, just about configurability.

The biggest issue is visibility of the interface from a distance and why
more flexible text sizing is needed. If someone sits six feet from the
Touch while using the remote and has good eyse, then maybe a smaller
text and four lines would work better for them. On the other hand,
someone twelve feet away with poor eyesight might prefer a larger font.
Same thing with Now Playing. There's room for much larger text on the
screen, but no way to make it happen.

erland wrote:
> > JJZolx wrote:
> >   More SqueezePlay player settings exposed in the web ui.> >
>
> What's the reason ?
> Is it too complex/user unfriendly to configure it through the
> SqueezePlay interface ?
> Are you just looking for a way to configure it from a more user
> friendly interface or is there another reason why you like to do it
> through the web ui ?

For convenience. And finding/discovering all of the available options is
much easier in the web UI than it is in the Touch interface. Everything
is much easier to get at. It would also makes it much easier to
configure multiple players without having to run around the house
changing settings on every one.

erland wrote:
> > JJZolx wrote:
> >   Better (and more reliable) cover management, including the ability
> > to rescan only covers, and the ability to detect cover changes in a new
> > & changed scan.> >
> How do you usually work when you add new covers, do you typically
> replace the cover for a single or a few albums or do you typically go
> through your whole album and update a lot of albums ?
> As an example, would a possibility to refresh the covers for a
> selected track or album solve the issues ?

No, that wouldn't be convenient at all, because it would mean navigating
in some interface to each album where you've made changes. I'd simply
like to see a 'new & changed' scan detect any new or changed covers.

erland wrote:
> > JJZolx wrote:
> >   Better/more options in volume syncing. Volume syncing a Boom or
> > Radio with players attached to stereos having a separate volume control
> > just doesn't work.> >
>
> Do you control the volume on the players attached to an external
> amplifier through the Squeezebox remote or through the remote of the
> external amplifier ?

Both. Except, of course, on the Boom and Radio.