I plan on using my SLIM DEVICES TRANSPORTER for as long as long as it is
operational.I have a spare that is rarely
used to replace this one .The Transporters will run LMS for as long as
the devices are operational for my local library
which is about 600 GB's and climbing.
I have bought a Sonos Connect,with the coaxial output attached to the
Transporter's digital input for inside my house and
the optical output to my Benchmark dacs optical input for my enclosed
porch area. Sonos has alot more music services anyway and that's all it
will be used for .

I hope I'm set for a long long time but should  any of the posters here
like Erland decide to come up with a Squeezebox replacement ,I will buy
that too.

Maybe Phil Leigh is working on a device? I really miss his very wise
advice considering I have zero technical  knowledge about these devices.
I just know they
sound damn good.