TheLastMan wrote:
> On the presumption that Logitech produces a Touch-like player under the
> UE brand (standalone, unamplified, high sound quality, RCA analogue and
> digital out, multi-room sync) there is nothing to stop anybody running
> both the SB and UE systems side-by-side if necessary.  Most amplifiers
> have more than one aux input!
>
> If you wanted to listen to internet radio or streaming services you
> could use the UE.  If you wanted to random play from selected genres in
> a local music collection you could use your Squeezboxen. That is really
> no different from having a separate Tuner and CD player.  A bit of step
> backwards, but not terminal.

The whole point of the new software is to eliminate the local server. So
features like local synch of local music files, and random play go out
the window. I think for the future customers of Logitech this makes
sense; it just doesn't work for the existing SB customers. If you are
basing your architecture on the cloud and the assumption that users are
accessing your software with a wireless device like a phone or a tablet,
then there isn't much of an incentive to have audiophile SQ and
features.