JJZolx wrote:
> I'm probably forgetting a few things, but:
>
> >   >   >
  - much better sound quality than a PC's onboard audio, without a
  > pressing need for an external S/PDIF or USB DAC

  - a color display of what's playing

  - very low energy use

Pretty much turn key installation which is worth a few bucks for those
who don't have the time, interest or knowledge to DIY.

The old receiver was built on a dead end HW platform that couldn't hack
it anymore. By replacing the SB3 and the receiver with a single product,
economies of scale came into play. Two different products (one with and
one without display) would have led to higher development costs and they
might have had to sell the displayless at a lower margin (no big
difference in production and material cost but the market would have
expected a significantly lower price).