toby10 wrote:
> Nor would Logitech likely be willing to sell the rights anyway, should
> there be any such interested party.
Am I being dense, or have I missed something? Last time I checked,
Squeezebox Server was open source, and Slimproto was freely published.
If Logitech choose not to continue development of the SB ecosystem,
what's to stop someone else picking it up and running with it?
In what way would anyone need to purchase the "rights" from Logitech?

(Maybe recent versions of LMS include non-open source components? If so,
it is easy to backtrack to the last fully open source SBS and progress
from there).