bertdw wrote:
> Now that the Squeezebox line is gone, and its "replacement" doesn't even
> have a digital output, I'm in semi-panic mode.  What happens if my three
> year old Duet dies?  Can it be repaired?  By Logitech?  If I buy a Touch
> as a backup, can that be repaired?

Based on other posts on people trying to get out of warranty items
repaired or replaced, I'd say No on the duet. For the touch, maybe. I
suspect they don't "repair" anything. They can replace if they have a
stock of replacement TOUCH units. Otherwise, I've seen examples of
Logitech simply offering a coupon good for purchase of other logitech
products. As with a lot of consumer electronics these days, the
Squeezebox players (other than the Transporter) are relatively
inexpensive units that are rarely worthy of "repair" by the company.
Even the laptops my employer purchases are treated as almost "throwaway"
items these days (not much different than purchasing pens and pencils
and ink cartridges....just something that will be used up and replaced
when needed).

For myself, I've simply stocked up on a few backup TOUCH and RADIO units
to use should something go out in the next few years. And this is
actually highly unlikely, as there is not much to go wrong with a TOUCH
or RADIO, short of my house burning down, electrical storm, etc.