Confirmed: I got a Raspberry Pi (was wonder what to do with it), used
Raspian, and followed this Blog
(http://dabdig.blogspot.com/2012/05/running-squeezeslave-on-raspberry-pi.html)
- works great.  And yes, it runs Pandora if you set the Mac address to
the requested range (use the -m option or just put it in the
/etc/init.d/squeezeslave file - it's pretty obvious where to put it in
the file) of 00:04:20:00:00:01.

Since Analog pops, I plan on getting a USB audio adapter
(http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351630684&sr=8-1&keywords=c+media+usb+headphone+set).
There are many HDMI -> RCA adapters, but they're in the $30 range, so
for $7, this is worth a shot.

It's not a classic, but it's doable.  Picking up a receiver from eBay
might be a better idea, since they're self contained, have WIFI, etc...
fun experiment though.

Now someone has to come up with a VFD / LCD display.  :-)