benybrady wrote:
> I currently have squeezebox radio at my office and it is tied into a
> central receiver that distributes sound to 4 pairs of speakers and it
> works fine. I just can't control it from each individual room and it
> plays all of the same music. I thought the boom would take the place  of
> a separate receiver for all of the zones. I know it is discontinued but
> I'm trying to forgo having 5 separate receivers or amplifiers for each
> zone. I think the boom would work...although I have to buy 5 for 5
> zones. Didn't want to go with having to buy 5 sonos amplifiers for 5
> separate zones....

yea but it works so much better with separate players for each zone
total freedom of whatÂ’s going to play there etc .

But if you have a zone amplifier a Touch or Squeezebox classic ( SB3 )
or another squeezebox receiver is a much better choice .

You can of-course compromise having 2-3 zones in 5 rooms or something ,
that is a good idea connection rooms may not need their own zone no one
will be able to listen separately anyway.

but on this forum you will always get the advice of getting even more
squeezeboxes :)