MarcelG wrote:
> So, I got the Pogoplug. However, I didn't get the P02, I got the
> Pro...the P01.
> And because of that (and mostly because I no nothing about linux....) I
> could not follow through with the instruction you posted on
> vortexbox.com, as I ran into issues with installing the
> ./install_uboot_mtd0.sh part....
> So, instead of just ignoring the errors and warnings, I went ahead and
> installed Arch Linux on it, so that's what I currently have running on
> it. I think it also installed something similar to the uboot boot
> manager thing, as I can now boot off into Arch Linux from a memorystick.
> So, there's a start.
>
> But now, I'm completely clueless as to the next steps.
>
> I guess I should get audio working (install ALSA ?)
> And finally I should also Squeezelite...again, how?
>
> Anyone have an idea where to get a 2 hour crashcourse in (Arch) Linux
> ("For those occasions when all you have is a SSH terminal, and a great
> plan to spent those late hours....")
> I feel like an absolute newbie...as if it where the day back in 1985
> when as a 7year old I got my hands on my very own Sharp MZ-721 for the
> first time, completely clueless but oh so intrigued by the blinking
> cursor.
I wrote a 'howto on installing squeezeplug/debian on the pogoplug pro'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=661878&postcount=619).
You should read from there all the way to post 655 before doing
anything.  If you're not comfortable with linux then spending $20 for a
"normal" pogoplug, might be the better option.

Note that I've never gotten USB audio to work on the pogoplug pro, but
it does make a fairly good low powered LMS server with it's 2 CPUs.

If you decide to proceed, please post in the squeezeplug thread, not
here.