TheLastMan wrote:
> The last few posts remind me of a Douglas Adams's Hitch Hiker story that
> humans are the descendants of exiled Golgafrinchan management
> consultants, hair dressers, telephone sanitizers and marketing
> executives.
>
> The Golgafrinchan race thought they would be so much better off without
> all the useless service sector workers and middle management. So they
> stuck them on a space ship and shot them across the galaxy. They
> eventually landed on the Earth where they set about trying to establish
> civilization.
>
> There was a marketing executive character who was working on developing
> the wheel but she was struggling to get started because she couldn't
> decide what colour it should be.
>
> I think Mr Adams may have been on to something...
:-) The way I look at it, these kind of "what shall we call it?"
discussions are inevitable, and as long as they don't detract from the
more pressing discussions over architecture and design (which is why I
wanted to separate them out) then I see no harm... I think they're
actually a good thing as they give contributors a sense of ownership and
community.