Squeezemenicely wrote:
> HMM,
> The main thing that drives nuts about SB is LMS running on Squeezeplug.
> Searches can be very slow, sudden restarts of the Server etc. Then
> having to wait till it is available again.

Since you've chosen LMS on Squeezeplug, you might have concerns about
power consumption. That was true for me as well, when I was about to
decide which kind of server computer to use a few years ago. First, I
considered using a NAS as the server. But then I decided against it, to
be sure that my system has more power than LMS will probably ever need.

I've built up my own PC from selected components, configured it to go to
standby after some idle time and the SB players are waking it up when
they are accessing LMS. This resulted in a silent system comsuming
reasonably low power, of course not comparable with a plug computer in
this regard, but with much more computing power on the other side. And I
can use it for other tasks in parallel.

In the meantime there are many computers on the market that are probably
even better than my home-made system.