JJZolx wrote:
> If I get one, I know one thing with 100% certainty... I will not be
> hooking it up to a TV.
>
> -Edit:- Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would hope that
> in the future someone can come up with a more practical display solution
> to be used with an IR remote.

My original thought for this is a simple black box receiver, that is the
simplest hardware to implement to get something out there and working.
Since the wandboard module directly supports HDMI it comes for free
(well a dollar!) so it's a good thing to add. A built in LCD is also a
possibility, it has an LCD controller built in, but that is a MUCH more
complicated hardware and packaging solution, not something I wanted to
get into for a first pass at this.

It certainly is possible to do, but will have to wait awhile after Gen 1
is out there before we really start thinking about it.

BTW HDMI doesn't have to be a 50 inch TV, you can get small 7-10 inch
displays with touch screen that connect to HDMI output and USB input.
This would be something that could easily connect to a Gen1 box.

John S.