nicky6 wrote:
> Someone asked what is my issue really with the system - Media Center I
> think. But maybe it's the hardware that makes Media Center lag, freeze
> etc...

>From what you have written I get the  impression that you are having
problems with the Data Vault hardware ("The WHS eats disks because it
was never meant to be able to handle these 2TB WD RED disks", etc). So
the first priority has got to be to sort that out before doing anything
else.

I run LMS on a HP Microserver which, according to the specs I found on
the web, is less powerful than your HP X510 Data Vault but it always
runs perfectly. (I've also run LMS on an old XP laptop without any
problems whatsoever.)

(I use a Touch + Ipeng on an iPad and have a second Touch and an old
Duet in storage as backups.)

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC FB1+ speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.