After reading and discussing matters here a while ago, I put together a
Pi (rev. B) to run SqueezePlug. I got various parts (PSU, WiFi adapter,
etc. from the "approved" lists, and put it together using the video
instructions at squeezeplug.de. I installed both LMS and SqueezeLite.

THE GOOD: The server portion of this seems to be working well. I can
connect to it with iPeng, and play music from the server either in
iPeng's internal player, or sending the audio through my SBTouch with no
problem whatsoever.

THE BAD:  While the server seems to be running fine, the player is the
exact opposite. Using the headphone jack (along with good headphones)
for audio is a painful experience, the music stuttering and distorted.
It almost seems like the Pi is putting out a prodigious amount of RF
noise, every bit of which is interfering with the audio. It's absolutely
unlistenable, whether playing music on the Pi's internal LMS, or a a
server on my NAS.

THE UGLY:  Well, maybe that isn't such a problem, as I plan to go
straight from the Pi into my AVR's input using HDMI cables. But here's
the problem:  even if I explicitly have setup configure the Pi to use
the HDMI for audio output, nothing comes out when I plug it into my
AVR's HDMI input. I have checked said input with other sources, using
the same cable, and can verify it works; so the problem appears to be
restricted to the Pi.

Any suggestions?