Like Autopilot my usage has changed in the last decade (it's not that
long is it?). I now mostly use my system for listening to BBC Radio 4
(really!), although I do often play local music, various other internet
radio services, use MusicIP, synchronisation and various plugins.

Triode's iPlayer plugin and bpa's iPlayer extra plugin work are crucial
to my enjoyment of the system, and the debt of gratitude I have to these
two people is enormous.

I control the lot using the great Orange Squeeze from a Google Nexus 4
phone, 7 or 10 tablets (whichever is nearest) and have a variety of
players spread throughout the house, the garage and even a receiver in
my pole barn (I use repeating routers to extend my wireless network). I
have a Windows based PC upstairs running LMS 24/7. It is still my main
PC but I use it very little now as the tablets serve most of my needs.

And like I say it just works. I've still not seen  any other system that
comes close. Even the expensive Sonos system is limited in comparison.
Mind you, I know nothing about the Apple stuff (and personally after
Apple screwed me over with too-quickly redundant iPhone 3 and volume
crippled iPod I'd never touch once of their products again).

Just thought I'd pipe up for the sake of balance.  :-)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen