CharlieG wrote:
> And some rating (Love) for a streaming service?

It's for last.fm. You can love any track directly unless you have
TrackStat enabled (in which case the rating stars take the space of this
control). Most people will probably not use _two_ rating systems in
parallel but this way you can no longer only love tracks played from
last.fm directly.
"star" is for Spotify and only available if you play Spotify tracks.

CharlieG wrote:
> New modern look, multiple artists displayed, track artwork, edit from
> the playlist screen...this looks like an awesome update! :)
> Thanks pippin

Now here we have the downside of it all:
This is not going to be an update, this is a new App.

Let's face it: there will be no new Squeezebox users out there to buy
the App. iPeng has been out for 5 years now and has had over 40 free
updates per version. The average iPeng user has been using the App for
more than two years and a development like this is not something you do
in a few weeks in your spare time.
I had to justify the development somehow and a new App was the only way
to do it.

There's another aspect as well. iOS 7 is a huge change from a UI
perspective and I find it almost impossible to do a non-trivial UI that
works well on both iOS 7 and earlier versions.
So updating the App would have meant to leave behind all future support
for older devices. I don't want to do this either.
The old iPeng versions will continue to get updates, although it's
unlikely that I will port any all-new features to the old iPeng because
there are a lot of fundamental changes in the underlying APIs used that
will probably not allow  me to easily port these parts. But especially
any updates to the player functionality will go into the existing iPeng
versions as well so that you can always use older devices as players.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
*New: Logitech UE Smart Radio* as well as iPeng Party, the free
Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com