You said it is a new router. It may be a "faster" wifi butworsesignal
strength. If you have still got the old router try using it as a
Wireless Access Point instead of the routers wi-fi.
You switch wireless off on the active router.
You make an old router into a WAP by connecting to it with a single
machine cabled. You give it a static IP and switch off its DHCP server.
If for example the active router is 192.168.1.2 make the WAP
192.168.1.2.  Plug the WAP into the active router (LAN port to LAN
port). Connect a device to the WAPs wireless and see if you can surf
etc.
Then try your Boom back in its original position.
I googled the Netgear router and I see it's an expensive one (for a home
device) but that doesn't unfortunately mean it is guaranteed to work
with everything.

QNAP TS419P 4TB LMS7.7.2
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 connected Digitally - > Celestion
Ditton F20s - and connected Analogue for Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 ->
Sennheiser HDR 130
*Office* - SB3 -> Sony TA FE320 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes