Since upgrading to 7.7.2 I have changed strategy a little. LMS 7.7.2 is
the first version that I have experienced that allows multiple music
folders. I now have my music stored in Music and Music2014 - the former
never changes and the latter is of course getting added to regularly.
This has had an impact on my backup strategy as follows:

LMS is installed on a QNAP NAS with a second QNAP as a local backup
device but the strategy could apply to any Linux servers.
"Music" has been rsynced to QNAP2 with LMS on it in case of need on a
weekly basis until 31/12 but the job is now switched off.
"Music2014" is now rsynced every Sun.

Offsite backup is provided FOC courtesy of Google Play Music where I run
MusicManager on a PC which sends the contents of Music2014 up to the
Cloud. As with the rsync job Music used to be the source so I have a
full copy of all my mp3s available via Google Play but I am nearing the
20,000 track limit. When I do I shall set up Music2015 or whatever and
rsync that to the second QNAP and also to a second Google Play Account.

Couple of notes.
My collection is high res mp3 only but I understand Google will
transcode FLACs as they get uploaded.

Most of the time I can stream remotely from my LMS via VPN but when I
cant for some reason I have the Google Play Music streaming to fall back
on.

QNAP TS419P 4TB LMS7.7.2
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 connected Digitally - > Celestion
Ditton F20s - and connected Analogue for Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 ->
Sennheiser HDR 130
*Office* - SB3 -> Sony TA FE320 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes