mherger wrote:
> IMHO this statement is as wrong as "Windows is slower/faster than
> Linux". It's not that simple - it always depends on what you're
> measuring, exact circumstances etc. Eg. give SQLite the memory the
> additional MySQL instance is using, and it might be faster than MySQL
> for this task.

Nicht alles was hinkt ist ein Vergleich :p

To measure correct you have to measure same hardware and same "setups".
sqlite /mysql needs (under Winblows) .NET Framework => 2.0 we must not
discuss that .net framework is something that needs power?
A startup from a powered off system everytime runs faster under *ux than
under blows - even with a ssd.

If you take a 16 GB System and use only 32 bit software its quite
-trouser like jacket- which OS you running :o

Gruss

Jan