For a while I've been periodically extracting the LMS db tables (to CSV
format) using sqlite3.exe before importing them into Access (which I am
more familiar with).  However, before I do that I always clear the cache
and do a complete rescan to ensure that all the data in the db is "live"
and current.

You guys are probably much more experienced than me so can deal with the
"dead" info in the LMS db without doing that - but I just thought I'd
mention it.

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.