JackOfAll wrote:
> There will be a commercial product

Commercial isn't a bad thing as long as your primary focus it to create
a great product, most excellent music related hardware out there are
commercial products, including the Squeezebox hardware which we all
love. As long as you create a great product most people won't have a
problem that you earn some money on it. Also, making it commercial means
that people can be sure the company behind it also have an economical
interest to maintain it, offer warranty/support and develop it further
to create even better products in the future.

JackOfAll wrote:

> but there will also be DIY version for people who want to source their
> own parts and install the software themselves.

Sounds great, just ensure that the DIY version doesn't affect the
commercial product so it gets harder to setup and use.

Assuming the commercial product is designed for our needs and have a
competitive price, I believe most people around here are going to be
more interested in the commercial product than the DIY solution. I
believe the current DIY interest in the forum mostly come from the fact
that there isn't any commercial Squeezebox compatible product out there,
so people are more or less forced to build their own.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.