My pow .

Use something x86 based ,use internal SATA drive one separate drive for
the OS ( not just its own partition ) other drives for the music . The
OS drive can be an SSD .

Use vortexbox or some linux OS on your own , preferably annOS wihtout
Desktop ( GUI ) a server OS . You will admin it trough web interfaces
and ssh anyway .

My HP Microserver is fast enough , today I would have opted for more RAM
as the later LMS 7.9 can take advantage of that .

So basically in my pow a dual core atom or better is sufficient as a
server .

And the good old x86 architecture has good FPU and supports most of the
helper ap's that LMS uses ,this will mean that you're guaranteed to be
able to use LMS fulll potential .

Maybe time has moved one and everything is aviable for the arm
architecture ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )