Mnyb wrote:

> Maybe time has moved one and everything is aviable for the arm
> architecture ?
Personally, I'm still on the fence on this one. Sure, for a client, ARM
is the way to go. But for a server, it's more difficult.

On x86, Atom is an option that's certainly on par or better
performance-wise than ARM. (Part of the reason is that most SBCs use
fairly outdated SoCs.) And even ultrabook processors (Haswell or
Broadwell microarchitecture) like the i3-4005U are interesting options.
You get massively more performance than with ARM. But their power
consumption is quite low. E.g., the aforementioned i3-4005U has 15 W TDP
but uses far less (more like 5 W) in real life.

And Broadwell reduces power consumption even more. So I'm really
contemplating putting my LMS on a Broadwell-based Intel NUC. They are
expected to become available by the end of February.

I prefer to put my data on a NAS, though. It gives me redundancy,
comfortable backup solutions, and a stable, secure platform that's
heavily optimized towards file storage and file server needs.