@Pippin

I know we discussed this before, but I'm not sure what the conclusion
was...so here we go again.. ;)

Wimp HiFi/Tidal have a fallback option to mp3 for those tracks where no
FLAC is available, and sadly that's quite a few...
Now, usually Wim provides 320kbit AAC as their "standard" option which
sounds pretty good, and a lot better than their 256kbit mp3. I know that
there was some kind of limitiation with Squeezebox and AAC, but since
I'm happily listening to BBC Radio 3 HD (320kbit AAC) right at this
moment, I know that it appears to work, at least for some trypes of AAC
stream. So, is there any chance to test whether setting the fallback to
AAC would be an option for Wimp on ickstream? If it works at all, then
it would greatly improve Wimp for all of use, and in case some legacy SB
devices can't handle it, there is always the option of giving users a
choice of mp3 or AAC fallback.

What do you think?