Apesbrain wrote:
> Ping it from another machine on the network.

Thats the wrong answer, cause ping is only icmp not a valid check if a
dns server is running there...

Code:
--------------------
    nslookup -q=any slimdevices.com the.ip.from.tvs.dns.setting
--------------------

Giza2020 wrote:
> Ping tv seemed to work fine.
>
> Copying to my nexus didn't seem to be effected
>
> My sbs setup is still drastically reduced when the lan cable is
> connected!

which LAN Cable?
If a Lan Cable is broken or damaged - everything will be slowed down or
didnt connect to anything.
Use another cable if your unsure.

Giza2020 wrote:
> Now only got 4 devices plugged into the router so not overloaded (not
> that it ever was likely to be this)
>
> Think in going to get some new hompplugs anyway so let's see if they
> helps in any way
ahh "new" homeplugs? From another Vendor or faster than the other ones?
Thats again not -best- practice.

Gruss

Jan