Have now tried around 6 re-installs, using 64bit - 32bit - and latest
beta version 15.05, and none allow Squeezelite to start.

Saw this thread in forum...
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97766-Announce-Local-Player-plugin-and-Squeezelite-for-Linux-Windows-OSX/page45&highlight=daphile

As Daphile doesn't have terminal access I cannot try the fixes there,
but that was why I was trying Daphile as unlike Vortexbox it has the
simpler GUI.

I have 3 HP Small Form Factor PCs my work was going to throw in the
skip, along with 3 spare Audio interfaces ( I have been working in Audio
Production for 15 years), and I have manage to give 1 free Music
Streaming System away so far using Daphile which setup fine. One of the
remaining 2 was to replace my Windows LMS.

Looks like I may be returning to my Windows system...