Not being a techie, I was a bit apprehensive putting together my first
Pi.  It really did turn out to be about as easy to set up as folks here
said.  It didn't work right out of the box, but it didn't take too much
work to figure things out and get it running.

I ordered parts for my second.  I'd like to eventually add a screen to
this one and mothball my fading SB3.

2-SB3s, 1-Touch, and a Raspberry Pi B+ with TekDevice dacBerry 3+
running piCorePlayer.  Mac Mini as a server (OS X Yosemite).  Direct
Ethernet connection (1-SB3 and the Raspberry Pi) and power-line (1-SB3
and Touch).  iPeng is my controller of choice.  LMS 7.8.1