-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Moore
Sent: 10 November 2005 5:32 PM
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] rescan time

I know this is the $64,000 question but how long should a rescan take?
I am using ss 6.2 on an imac 800 mhz with around 13,000 tracks on a fw
hd and using itunes.
I just added a new album and did a rescan looking for new music. The
rescan is taking hours.
with d_info set I am seeing this sort of output to the console:

2005-11-10 16:08:32.6720 _checkValidity: Checking to see if
file:///Volumes/media/itunes/Archies/Lince%20Dance%20cd/Sugar%20Sugar.mp3
has changed.
2005-11-10 16:08:32.6744 _hasChanged: Checking for
[/Volumes/media/itunes/Archies/Lince Dance cd/Sugar Sugar.mp3] - size &
timestamp.

I have the lazy search plug-in and superdatetime plugin as well.
Could it be the lazy search plugin or would it be anything else?

--
Steven Moore