ralphy wrote:
> The VU images are all stored in one file that can be replaced with the
> VU images you prefer.  The problem with picoreplayer is the jivelite
> install is read only.  At the moment you would have to unsquash the tcz
> image replace the file and squash it again.  Pretty simple if you're
> comfortable using linux.
>
> 19194
>
> 19195
>
> Install the squashfs-tools tools.
>
> For debian based distro
>
> SUDO APT-GET INSTALL SQUASHFS-TOOLS
>
> Become root
>
> SUDO BASH
>
> Extract the filesystem
>
> UNSQUASHFS JIVELITE_TOUCH.TCZ
>
> Replace
> squashfs-root/opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png
> with the jstraw image.  Make sure you use the same filename.
>
> Delete the original tcz
>
> RM JIVELITE_TOUCH.TCZ
>
> Recreate the tcz.
>
> MKSQUASHFS SQUASHFS-ROOT JIVELITE_TOUCH.TCZ -ALL-ROOT
>
> Create a new md5 checksum file.
>
> MD5SUM JIVELITE_TOUCH.TCZ > JIVELITE_TOUCH.TCZ.MD5.TXT
>
> Copy the new jivelite_touch.tcz and jivelite_touch.tcz.md5.txt files
> back to picoreplayer image replacing the original.
I just discovered a MUCH easier way to change the VU meters.

ssh to picoreplayer

sudo mkdir -p
/home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter

As root copy a 10000x453 VU meter png file of your choice to
/home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png

Save your config from the web gui or sudo filetool.sh -b

Reboot

If you don't like the new VU meter delete the folder

sudo rm -rf /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/JogglerSkin

Save your config again and reboot.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *1*-Reverted UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.