d6jg wrote:
> There is firmware on a Pi - it is the equivalent to a PCs BIOS - why its
> called firmware and not BIOS I am not sure.

The point I am trying to make is no firmware/boot software on the actual
Raspberry Pi PCB itself, it is all loaded from the SD card.

If I understand correctly, the OP is testing with 2 RPIs with one SD
card. On one Pi it works and one doesn't. He thinks the firmware is
upgraded on one but not the other. I don't think this is possible using
the same SD card.

When I was a boy, firmware was software permanently loaded onto
hardware, ie ROMs or EPROMs. Now its all RAM with battery or capacitor
backup and writeable. The terms and meanings tend to change and get
fuzzy over time.

regards
Greg