mherger wrote:

> Might have been changed when Alan did the big "onebrowse" change - which
>
> happened a few years ago, too :-)

Maybe that's it.
I don't really think it's something I invented because where I deviate
from LMS defaults it's either because I follow Apple's (they use
alphabetical ordering) or my personal preferences and I used to use
alphabet sorting, too, so I wouldn't know why I should have chosen
something else as the default.

That said: since I do so many new installations I tend to use the
default settings in iPeng more and more and I started to find the
chronological ordering does make some sense, too, because often you
think about early/late albums of an artist when searching for something.
The problem for me is just that at least half of my library doesn't have
the dates correctly tagged....

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*