garym wrote:
> I'm told that Roon has significant ongoing expenses in licensing the
> data they use in creating the user experience (which is the key value
> added prospect of the product).  If true, and I believe it is, this is
> why the product can't simply be "free" or dirt cheap. My only complaint
> is that their forums are full of "audio woo woo"  believers. But I
> ignore that stuff (it's hard, but I've given up on trying to "fix"
> errors on the internet);)

"Audio woo woo" believers... AWW!  I like that.   I think what I've
observed is a lot of folks that have not lived in the trenches of
digital audio streaming... the trials and tribulations of ripping CDs,
tagging and organizing your music files, seeking cover art and
struggling to get and keep it all working.   Many Roon AWW believers
seem new to this biz... Perhaps they've ripped a few CDs, but more
likely they're downloading their music, given little thought to tagging
and organizing files and likely using Tidal.  For them, Roon makes it so
easy to plug and play and has opened a whole new world.

Ah, it's good to be a dinosaur.

Mike (1 SB3, 1 Duet, 1 Boom, 2 Touch, 1 SB Radio)