netchord wrote:
> i've been listening to the MQA files via my transporter, not decoded of
> course, but to my ears they sound superior to the same album in non MQA
> format.

That indicates that the source material is different
(mastering/EQ/whatever), as undecoded MQA should sound the same as the
non-MQA file if the source material is identical.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953