Groundbreaking howso ? :D you must be living in your own audiophile
filterbubble .

There is this false assumption that better than 16/44.1 is needed for
human listeners. Hence this MQA scheme to compress this .
Real research test again and again that basically no one hears a
difference between CD and 24/192 for example , I'm normally a fan of mr
Stuart's efforts in hifi see my signature ... but not this time.
(The test to do is not comparing CD vs DVDA or SACD but to resample it
yourself to 16/44.1 then you realise they rarely use exactly the same
master For every release , it s not the formats that's the difference)

VHS vs DVD and CD vs Cassette and Vinyl that was differences in sq and
convinience that most people understood .

And the quality of the typical recording ,basically no one statistically
is listening to 2L or AIX or any other audiophile label . I have about a
shelf of AIX DVDA for example .

Even if MQA claims where true most recordings ever done and the ones
that will be done is not even fullfiling the potential of the CD format
as it stands now . Even the best ones comes from 24/48 masters ( with
the compression used and general noise it could as well be 13/48 ) in
the world of music that actually sells so even in rock recording made
today there is not much ultrasound to fold inti MQA .

If you can find a recording where it does make a difference , in real
terms it's a very very subtle improvement. Audiophiles gets excited over
the most tiny of differences it's not revolutionary.

Delivery format is so unimportant compared to the real problem ,
loudness war recordings and other modern production schemes that makes
recordings sound horrible .
There is an truly enormous potential for better sound [/B]within
existing formats[/B]if any one wanted to .
But they sell you yet another sticker MQA .

Streaming services they don't like hard work either , so it's basically
up to the labels to feed the service as usual , but now it's filter for
the MQA flag in place . And the labels just wringe their usual stale
recordings true the algorithm and we have yet another version of DSTM
:D

A real hifi streaming service would actually manually curate the
recordings labeled "hi if" or "hires" a careful selection of masters not
necessarily the one the label wants to push . That's real work involving
humans I would pay for that , not for another sticker MQA .

I'm not sure alol the audiophiles in the world would make a difference .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )