mherger wrote:

> TBH: I don't know what IP address your LMS would see in this case. Give
>
> it a try and let us know.
>
> But then I'd really not expose LMS to the internet. I just wouldn't.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I used to use this function, and everything worked fine. I changed it
only because one user was astonishingly technophobic, whilst at the same
time entirely addicted to BBC iPlayer on the Squeezebox. Their solution
to pretty much every problem in the house was to switch off the router,
and leave it for an hour before turning it on again (I kid you not -
even if their Humax DVR had crashed!) It was an ADSL connection, so the
IP changed regularly. They no longer use Squeezebox, having switched to
a Roberts Stream 93i.

I really would rather not have to implement a VPN client from the remote
user ends, but it might come to that.

But, I'll see how things go with the switch to IP whitelisting, and
maybe also set up some IPTables entries...

Thanks a lot.

Stephen