slartibartfast wrote:
> The Alexa app is probably better than Sonos have at the moment and is
> working well for me.
>
> I agree about the security risk without a VPN. I just use Spotify when
> travelling.
>
> Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes, I realize voice control is still (overall) in infancy, and I very
much respect the fellow that is working on Alexa integration with LMS.
LMS is still pretty stable for me, but when my existing hardware starts
dying (I'm thinking more of Radios, vs. Classics), it's tough for me to
replace.

I consider two levels of users at my house:
1) Audio quality as #1 priority (I'm this user) - so Transporter and app
control is critical. Apple Music integration would be a "very nice to
have".
2) Family users - Apple Music/Amazon Music/voice control is high
priority, Bluetooth and/or AirPlay streaming (yes, I realize LMS has a
plugin, but it never worked well for me), as well as "standalone"
hardware that doesn't require an app to use, i.e. a Squeezebox Radio.

^^^ Over the past few years, it is obvious to me that LMS can really
only offer beta-type support for user group #2 above, and the hardware
options are limited. Plex seems more robust, and in active development.
If I could switch over to Plex full-time for user #1, I could satisfy
group #2 by getting Echo devices or try the Apple HomePod.