itm wrote:
> You mean it could be something like antivirus software that's causing
> the problem? (I tried turning off the Windows firewall but it didn't
> help)
I would post this question on the Squeezeplay thread (
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96573-SqueezePlay-for-Windows-with-ASIO-DirectSound-WASAPI-and-WDMKS-device-support
)  as that is where you'll find Squeezeplay users and maintainer who'll
have real advice.

I don't know current Windows stuff but it used to be you had to make the
program "trusted" and allowed to use port 3483 on TCP and UDP.  The
other possibility is the Squeezeplay PC is not on same subnet as the LMS
server or perhaps network setup and a broadcast packet is not being
passed through intervening equipment (e.g. repeaters)