My Squeezebox Classic died a few weeks ago so I dusted off an old
Squeezebox 1 I had in a box. This is the model that has wireless but
only WEP. I'm using ethernet so it should hold me over until I can get a
decent deal on ebay.

I've been using the SB1 for a couple of weeks with no trouble, until
today. I can't use Pandora, get an error message. Long story short, the
MAC address on my SB1 has suddenly changed to something starting with
76:a2:ef...  I searched and found a very old thread about this bug. And
I saw instructions about how to set the MAC address using the remote.
But this does not work for me.

The instructions basically said keep the left arrow pressed until you
get to config, navigate to MAC, and then press the right arrow key to
edit. Well, left arrow does nothing, I see one "bounce" on the SB1 but
it doesn't go to a different menu.

I can navigate to Settings using the down arrow key, right to enter,
down to Information, right to enter, down to PlayerName Information,
right to enter, and then I can see current IP address, and the incorrect
MAC. But right arrow does nothing at this stage, I just get a "bounce".
Does anyone know how I can edit the MAC?

I tried to do a reset on the device using the '+' key on the remote
while powering up, but I saw nothing to confirm that a reset actually
happened. I also tried the '1' key to do a "Program Xilinx" but also saw
no indication it did anything.  My remote works fine, that is not the
problem.

I tried using net-udap to connect to the SB1 but was not successful.
Because I can't get it to reset?? I don't know. I've used net-udap on SB
Classics before.

Anyone have any ideas? I really just need to set the MAC address back to
what is printed on the bottom of the device. Thanks.