dasmueller wrote:
> Played around this morning converting copies of FLAC files to Mp3 using
> Foobar-about 8 folders. I like the fact that it retains tags. What I did
> not like is that it converted the files but did not put the converted
> files in the original folders which is what I want to happen. Am I
> missing a setting ? I would also like the original files to be deleted
> is there a setting for that ? Thanks for your input

I know there's a way for foobar2000 to retain the same folder structure
for the converted mp3 files. But I don't know the specific settings. I
use dbpoweramp for converting to mp3.

I just found this thread. didn't read it all, but it may answer your
question.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,81768.0.html

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify