dasmueller wrote:
> thanks gary.
>
> It appears that there is a way to do it. I sometimes use Switch Sound
> File Converter which let's me convert and select out to same folder-it's
> just slow. It appears that niether it nor foobar retains replaygain
> tags. I may need to redo those.
>
> It appears that I may need to do this in batches-I ran a 10 folder
> sample w FreeFileSync. Using that as a sample it would take about 16
> hrs. to mirror my folders to a new drive and then lord knows how long to
> do the conversion.

seems like an inefficient way to do it. In dbpoweramp, I can point and
click, not copy over flac files at all, just convert them all to mp3.
And everything moves over, including replaygain tags.     (RG tags are
easy anyhow, as you can use foobar2000 to re-add RG tags when done if
you needed them.  In my own case, I have dbpa recalc the RG tags for my
mp3 files at the same time it does the conversion.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify