.
This Eco-System has made my music obsession a real pleasure! No digging
through my vinyl or CDs to find what I am thinking about listening to.
No going down to the basement and walking the shelves just to get one
specific CD to bring back to whatever player in whatever room I was
planning to listen to it in. Speed, variety, convenience, flexibility,
multi-room, with full resolution no matter much audio system or room I
am listening it.

The cost is what I am willing to pay for the audio quality I want for
the location I am using, not what -Sonos- says I HAVE to use from the
few over priced options they have (plus their system will not handle the
size of my music library). One can buy a Vortexbox Appliance if one
wants to just plug and play or build their own large server or Raspberry
Pi. In my mind total flexibility with ones equipment, music, and needs.

I'm in it for the long hall (nothing else available will really work for
me anyway). Like others, all my Squeezeboxen are still going strong.

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive