mherger wrote:
> > I therefore surmise that the SSH server is sending from the music
> > server's own IP address to the same address.
>
> Hmm... it depends on how your tool is setting up the tunnel. But when I
>
> ssh into my box and forward requests to the internal IP of the LMS
> machine, then LMS does see the IP address of the SSH server. If that was
>
> the router itself (which I doubt), then LMS would see the gateway
> address. If the router forwarded SSH to some other box, then LMS would
> see that other box' IP address.
>
> --
>
> Michael
My router is forwarding all incoming on port 22 to the music server
where there is an SSH server, so that matches what you say.

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.