majones wrote:
> The "one box" Android speakers with a screen (eg Zettaly Avy) looked
> promising, using the Squeeze Player app controlled by Orange Squeeze or
> similar, but I was too nervous to buy given the old version of Android
> (4.4), reported battery swelling, and obscure branding. I don't think
> they're available now, and I'd be interested to know if anyone has had
> positive experience of this.

I just bought a new Zettaly Any. My old one died after 3 years.  I
really like it as a bedside clock.  The new version has Android 6.0. I
bought it from amazon.  The sound is just OK.  I was running
Squeezeplayer on the old unit, controlled by Orange Squeeze. My
Squeezebox Duet died around the same time, so I switched to Chromecast
Audio on my main stereo, so now I run HiFi Cast for my local music, and
Tune in for radio and podcasts.  I still run LMS on my PC, it works good
as a DLNA server. I am happy with the new system, the only issue is
gapless playback is not as good as the Squeezebox. I am not a demanding
user, I play mp3s and never use whole house sync, so this system fits my
needs