yea, the wonders of forums ;), I found others with a similar issue, and
I just had to cut/paste the address (\\PiCoreLMS\PiCoreLMSfiles\~)
rather than use browse. Sync Toy browse doesn't like the drive maps. It
now works.

so, my plan (until I get a better plan) is to just use the PC as I
always do, with my "working library" on the PC (on M: drive), use sync
toy to echo the changes to the pi USB HDD, rescan the pi LMS. The WD USB
drive will back up the "working library" along with all my other files,
as currently.

Then, when I build the system for the second location, I can use sync
toy to mirror the working library to the pi HDD, and transport mirrored
HDD's to and from. Works for now.

Cheers
Jim