freelsjd wrote:
> Microsoft now offers through their "store" free linux installations
> within Windows itself as an app.   Ubuntu came first, but there are
> several others now.  Basically a bash environment.  I have no idea how
> good the graphical interface will work for this type of setup, but you
> do not need that to run the LMS.
>
> I have a VM setup within my debian/linux server to run Windows 10 that
> uses vmplayer from vmware.  This allows me to run Windows-specific
> software that is not available for linux such as quicken, office (excel,
> word, powerpoint, etc.).  This way you get the best of both worlds.

well.....I use word and excell, not a lot, but I have all sorts of
things I've used it for. Especially Word.

Maybe a dual boot is better, but I'm toying with seeing if my desktop
will take windows 10 - I doubt it because now and again I get my screen
locking up and a message saying it is reverting to the basic windows 7
driver and resets itself.

I take it that if you dual boot into windows 7 then you wouldn't be
online , only if you boot into linux ? How do you switch over etc if
thats the case ?