Hi Ralphy and all,

First of all a big thank you for all the good work you've done with the
all different versions of squeezeplay & lite!
I've been using both Squeezeplay and Squeezelite for quite some time
now. First just shortly about me and what I think of my own knowledge
about programming and computers; I'm by no means any computer pro or for
that matter a programmer. I'm just a huge music fan and actually in
reality all I know about the aforementioned subjects comes mostly from
dealing with matters coming from some type of problem with all of my
different setups. Even though I love to learn new things it's also many
times frustrating not having any "formal education" in the subject. So
need some help figuring this one out. As a sidenote, my matter also
concern SP on Mac OSX since I sometime use that combo.

Anyhow here's what troubles me; it's from trying to play some AAC
streams from swedish radio on Squeezplay and not working, (can be found
here
https://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=3756&grupp=10632.
("Länk" is "link" in english) this is the site that gives directlinks to
all swedish PR live streams. I found that seemingly none of the AAC
streams work on Squeezeplay and it (lets say mildly ...) irritated me.
So I ended up spending most of yesterday reading threads and googling
about "AAC radio stream issues". To put it short, it was a good but a
pretty long lesson ... :-/ And yes I now know, it works fine if SP is
connected to LMS due to the transcoding in LMS. But I would really like
that my “favorites” links also works when not connected to LMS.Ie when
using my favorites on MySq.com

So I learnt that Squeezeplay can't play AAC but Squeezelite and the HW
players can. And ended up with the "conclusion" that it has to do with
the "libfaad2.dll" file is not "compiled" in Squeezplay? Now I just want
to make it clear that I've honestly no idea what "compiled" means! And
I'm also not certain that the problem has to do with the DLL. I just
"think" so?!? So please forgive my low competence and skill and correct
me with a better way of describing it if I’m wrong.
Naturally after this, the easy way out would be to "just" to use
Squeezelite connected to LMS and problem solved ... sadly I hate the the
word "just"  and as said I always want to learn and understand things.
;-) :-)

So my question to you or anyone  who has the insight that I lack, is it
possible to start Squeezeplay with some kind of "command" so the
"libfaad2.dll" is “loaded into Squeezeplay when it starts? And once
again, since the fact is that I’m only making a guess from what I read
that the problem lies within the "libfaad2.dll" file. Please do correct
me if I’m wrong on that one.
So if I’m wrong with my guessing, what else can be done to correct this
“problem”? Is it a lot of work? I’m eager to know whats going on here.
But please try to explain very basic withou too many shorted down
technical terms. As I said, I'm an amateur.