@d6jg and all thank you very much for replying.. I am starting to get an
idea!

d6jg wrote:
> One advantage is that SB players - including pCP - work to a standard.
> uPnP/DLNA is a very loose standard where one device might work but
> otherrs don't.
> However the biggest benefit is with playlist management you simply can't
> do what LMS can with any uPnP server I have ever come across.
>
> Have you tried the following LMS plugin's yet ? These are also things
> you don't get in uPnP.
>
> Material - html5 skin
> Music & Artist Information - often refereed to as MAI. Adds bio, album
> review, lyrics etc and works very well with Material
> Radio Paradise - esoteric Rock station that broadcasts in FLAC.
> BBC iPlayer - BBC Radio
> Spotty - adds Spotify if you have a Premium Account
>
> Edit
> LastMix - works in conjunction with Don't Stop The Music to auto add to
> the playlist but cleverly based on what you have been playing.

>From the plugins you mention I use Spotty and I absolutely love it. This
integration of the local library with the streaming service is great.

I should try the others too. MAI sounds great too and all the others of
course!!

Up 'til now I was trying to configure DSD playback and finally I think I
did it ok.
384khz can't play but no problem.. I have just an album and some test
tracks.

I use iPeng on my iPad as remote.

For questions I will post to the threat I opened in the "Beginners"
category!

Thank you all again!