aubuti wrote:
> The 'dir' (or 'ls') command is cumbersome? Sorry, I don't see a
> compelling, or even interesting, case for the enhancement. But it did
> get me interested enough to check the totals (took all of about two
> dozen keystrokes), and now I'll sleep well tonight. But maybe others
> will see the same need you do. Good night and good luck.

The Windows dir command is of limited use because it's only Windows and
unless you happen to know the extension of every single audio format you
have. I have 300.000 tracks.

However; I noticed to my positive surprise that LMS without complaining
played one of my .ape files the other day! (yes, .ape is an audio file
format).