mherger wrote:
> > As far as I've understood, LMS originated in Logitech hardware that
> is
> > no longer produced, and using LMS is still dependant on Logitech
> itself
> > keeping certain services running. For example, I understand e.g Tidal
> > support is dependant on Logitech maintaining a license agreement with
> > Tidal.
> >
> > What happens when/if they decide to not do this anymore ? Are there
> any
> > possibilities to keep LMS going or could it be dead any day if
> Logitech
> > decides to no longer support it ?
>
> LMS will continue to work. But some of the music services will
> disappear, like eg. TIDAL. Until somebody comes up with an alternative
> implementation.
>
> --
>
> Michael

with e.g. Subsonic music server, or even a monthly fee, if that could be
a feasible solution to keep Tidal support etc. running when (I suppose
saying -if- is just fooling myself....) Logitech withdraws. Could that
be a feasible solution for what is essentially (if I understand
correctly) then an open-source project ?