philippe_44 wrote:
> If you want I have more than a few SB3 motherboards whose CPU will not
> come back. I’ll be happy to give you one

Thank you for the "new" display I finally took the plunge and replaced
my 'bad display'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109775-Squeezebox-Classic-(SB3)-Repair-Considerations&p=957767&viewfull=1#post957767)
yesterday.  The replacement has been solid so far.

JoeMuc2009's 'SB3 VFD replacement blog'
(ttps://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/2016/09/logitech-slimdevices-squeezebox-classic.html)
was an invaluable resource during the process.  I did stumble at one
point where the blog states.

> The outer sets of three pins may be shorted. That's not a problem
> because they have the same potential anyway. All of the other 12 pins
> must not be shorted together. If you have a multimeter or other means of
> continuity checking device, use that to ensure that each pin is a
> different potential than its neighboring pin(s).

Whereas pins 2 and 3 in the group of 12 are actually shorted in the
display.

30693

Just something to be aware of as it took me a while to realize that I
hadn't soldered the two pads together by mistake.

Thanks to you both there's another SB3 saved.

|Filename: 2016-09-06 09.47.15 IMG_1645.jpg                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30693|

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.